Pages

Tuesday 9 December 2014

What I Would do if I Could Meet Anyone in the World Part Three

Okay, everyone. We've broken into the top three. The big ones. The best ones. If anyone in the world doesn't like these people, then let me tell you, you're going down. 1 Vs 1 me bro, I'll wreck you. I swear on me mum I'll hook you in the gabber. I'll steal your first-born child. Like this people... or get off this blog.

3. Mr. Koziej.
"What?" I hear you say. "Who's Mr. Koziej?" Well, plain and simple, he is the most awesome guy ever. He was, in grade seven and eight, my social teacher, before switching schools. Am I upset that he left? Yes, yes I am. Because Mr. Koziej is hands down the best teacher ever to lay foot on the earth.
Perhaps he shouldn't be on this list- after all, I've met him before. But now that he's gone and I don't know where he's gone to, I don't think I'll ever actually see him again. Which is a shame, 'cause he was awesome.
But why was he awesome? There are a few reasons. First of all; he was just a great teacher. Think joking around with the class and telling stories, but still keeping it on topic and making a point with his jokes. Think the entire class respecting this guy and working hard for him because of that great teaching. Think someone who seemed like a genuinely good person, and did his best to spread that goodness to others. Think someone who shaped your whole perspective on life. That, my friends, was Mr. Koziej.
Mr. Koziej, if you ever stumble upon this blog, know that if you told me to jump off a bridge, I would do it unquestioningly. Know that you're awesome. And accept my thanks for being an incredible teacher.

2. The Dalia Lama.
If you've read some of my previous posts, you would have heard the Dalia Lama be mentioned before. Let me give you a quick recap of his awesomeness:

  • He stands up for rights for just about everyone.
  • He promotes tolerance in between religions
  • He's just a jolly guy, from what I've seen of him- quite unlike your stereotypical down-to-earth, very serious religious man
  • He fights for Tibetan independence, and managed to get out of there when it was taken over by China
  • AND he's one of only... I think four people ever awarded an honorary Canadian citizenship!
Personally, I think that those stats speak for themselves. Seriously, I would go to India and hike up some mountain just to see this dude. And thats the thing; I could. He goes and personally meets with people that hike up to his home, whether they be from Asia or North America, Buddhist or not. I mean, what other famous person lets people walk up to his front door and then goes out to bless them? I challenge you to name one. Same goes for you as Mr. Koziej, Mr. Lama. You order me to hop on one leg for the rest of my life, I'll do it.

And now, for number one... Drumroll, please...

(DADADADADADADADADadadadada...)

Thanks for the drumroll...

1. John Green.
Oh, man. I really shouldn't even start talking about any of these top three. I worship them like junior high kids worship Justin Bieber. Oh wait? He's not a thing anymore?
Anyways, John Green is just about the awesomest dude ever to walk the face of this earth. Okay, so I've said that for half the people on this list, but this is the real deal. Let me give you a recap of how I discovered this guy...
1. Be shown Mental Floss, an educational video series that John happened to be hosting that day. Enjoy it.
2. Stumble upon VlogBrothers, an uber-popular video series that John and his brother Hank do. Love it.
3. Begin watching his videos fairly often. Be impressed at how awesome this dude is with his seemingly sincere niceness and smartness.
4. Look to see what all this hype about The Fault in Our Stars is about. Look on the cover and OH MY GOSH IT'S WRITTEN BY THAT YOUTUBE GUY!
5. Read his books. Love his books.

It's like, I find some videos that the guy does and like him. Then I find out that he does other, even better videos, and I like him that much more. Then I find out that he's written a book, which is always a good sign, and then I find out that the book's great, and then I find out that he's written other books, and I find out that those are awesome to! It just goes up and up!
And then I figure out that he and his brother created vidcon, which is basically a gathering for you tubers in the real world. And then I find out that he's an activist for just about every good cause ever, and gets to talk with Obama and Bill Gates and all those people. Can this guy go wrong?!!?
Seriously, I'd give an arm to talk to any of these people. They work to make the world a better place, and I would strive to be like any of them. Thanks for reading, and I'll see you Thursday.

-Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment